SWAMI RAMANAND TEERTH
A GREAT SON OF INDIA & LIBERATOR OF OPPRESSED PEOPLE
N.E.S. Science College is one of the premier institutions imparting quality education to the students of this region since last 50 years. The college has proliferated it's academic facilities in view of growing needs of higher education. The institution has been on the forefront in pursuit of academic excellence and good governance
- - VYANKATESH BHAVANRAO KHEDGIKAR
- - BORN ON 3RD OCT. 1903.AT SINDAGI DIST.BIJAPUR,KARNATAKA.
- - PRIMARY EDUCATION AT SINDAGI AND GANGAPUR.
- - MIDDLE SCHOOL AT NORTHKOT HIGH-SCHOOL, SOLAPUR.
- - EDUCATION BY WORKING IN HOSTEL
- - BY NADARI.
- - POST MATRIC EDUCATION AT AMALNER AND PUNE.
- In 1920 He was inspired by patriotic speeches of Lokmanya Tilak at Solapur, when he was a student.
- Death of Lokmanya deeply affected him and strengthened his determination to sacrifice whole life for freedom of India.
- He also pledged to remain celibate and follow the path of SANYAS .
- He was also deeply moved by Gandhiji's words; "DESH KE LIYE KUCH TO KARO"
- He met Gandhiji at Solapur railway station and became true follower and close associate of Mahatmaji.
- 1929 - Visualizing education as a tool for social transformation and cultivation of nationalism and patriotism, he accepted the assignment as Teacher and later on Head-Master of National School at Hipparaga, Dist. Osmanabad.
- 1932 - He became disciple of Pujya Narayan Swami and accepted the path of Sanyasa.
- Vyankatesh Bhavanrao Khedagikar now became SWAMI RAMANAND TIRTH
- Oct.1938-Apr.1939 :Swamiji jailed for Satyagrah against the Government.
- 1940 : Arrest for Satyagrah
- 1942 : Again arrest for participation in Quit India Movement.
- 1946 : British Govt.decided to give independence to Hyderabad State and lifted ban on State Congress.
- Establishment of Hyderabad State Congress.
- 1st conference of Hyderabad State Congress.
- Demand of merging of Hyderabad State into Indian Union and Establishing Democracy in the state.
- Appeal to public for Satyagrah
- Razakars created terror and ..
- Swamiji was jailed.
- In Sept. 1948 India's Direct Police Action in Hyderabad.
- 17th Sept. 1948 "Hyderabad Mukti Din" now celebrated as " Marathwada Mukti Din"
- Swamiji released from jail.
- He started rehabilitation of society through Peace Committees
- Jan.1952 : Swamiji was elected as M.P. of Gulberga constituency for parliament.
- 1952-54 : He suggested laws for Land-reforms act in Hyderabad Assembly.
- He Proposed the idea of Hyderabad's trifurcation and merging into Andhra, Maharashtra and Karnataka respectively.
- Pt. Nehru opposed this.
- 1957 : Swamiji 2nd time re-elected as M.P. from Aurangabad constituency.
- 1957- 63 : He initiated developments in education field and started colleges in many places of Marathwada. Also started KHADI and GRAMODYOG in many areas.
- 1963 : He gave up politics and lived in Shanti Ashram in Godawari Dist.A.P.
- 22nd January, 1972
- Pujya Swamiji embarked on journey of eternity.
- Swamiji's spirit enlightened the lives of millions
- He continues to be present in the form of his work and institutions he created.